June 9, 2009

Running old programs in WIndows 7 - Very Nice!!

As I've probably mentioned, I'm running the Release Candidate (RC) of Windows 7 (W7). I've run into very few problems. Only two, actually. First was a firewall program called Sunbelt Personal Firewall. I didn't pursue it since I was changing my security suite to Kaspersky Internet Security 2009.

The other was the printer software for my HP C4180 All-In-One (AIO) printer. I use the "Scan to PDF" function a LOT. It kept telling me that this was an unsupported OS. I was finally reminded about a function called "". It is FANTASTIC!! You answer a couple of prompts and it just does it!! Just open the folder with the executable. Right click on the program file and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility".

I recall trying it in Vista with mixed success.... Definitely something that W7 does very, very well....

0 comments:

Post a Comment