March 23, 2009

First post

Guess the first post should tell you a bit about me and what I intend to accomplish with this blog.


I'm a network administrator at a Hospice in Hyde Park, NY. I've worked there for 7 years. Before that I worked at IBM for 28 years in "various technical & management positions". I've been using personal computers since 1981. I used one of the original IBM PC-1's that came out then. I've built and managed Windows (and OS/2) networks. I currently manage 150+ computers and 10+ servers, running Windows XP, Server 2000, Server 2003. Applications include SQL Server , Exchange, Citrix XenApp 4.5, as well as print servers and other miscellaneous utility servers.

In July 2007, I was awarded the title of Microsoft "Most Valuable Professional" and it was renewed in July 2008. It's a recognition of active participation in the user community and efforts to educate & help users using windows computers. You can get more information from:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpawardinfo

What I hope to do is provide folks with important news relating to PC's and Windows as well as some useful tips and techniques for getting the most out of your PC. In addition, I'll post useful utilities as well as my opinion on some of the most used software.

Protecting your PC is "Job 1" these days. It's no exaggeration to say that we are all under attack by folks who want to steal your information or use your computer for criminal activities. These are no longer "hackers" who just want to have fun. These are criminal enterprises from all over the world. A lot of what I'll post will relate to this.

I hope to post several times a week. My goal is to post just about every day.

Enjoy and hang in there, folks......

Regards,
Hank Arnold (MVP)

0 comments:

Post a Comment